On my previous post, I wrote the first segment about anti-aging. While I was writing the word “self-absorbed,” it came to my mind what exactly the signs of people that others (unfortunately) may see them as self-absorbed. The thought led me to google the word self-absorbed and found a list of 15 signs that one can appear to be self-absorbed from Life Hack website. An explanation for each sign can be found here.
- They are always on the defensive
- They don’t see the big picture
- They are imposing
- They feel insecure sometimes
- They always think they are superior to others
- They consider friendships a tool for getting what they want
- They are extremely opinionated
- They do not have long lasting relationships
- They do not have a real sense of empathy
- They hide their insecurities behind a cloak of success
- They devalue others
- They can be arrogant
- They hide who they are
- They are extremely selfish
- They think they are great and the world out there is wrong
Occasionally, in life many of us might exhibit one or more signs listed above without realization nor intention. However, life is a journey. There is time to learn and fix mistake(s) and continue to be a better person.
Let’s improve our inner beauty!